2011年12月8日星期四

Eyelash extensions

After weeks of jealously eyeing extensions beauty news editor Heather Muir ultra-long lashes, I started last night and I got my own. (Heather and I have both the eyelash extension expert Courtney Akai here in New York City, which is incredible!) I'm so happy with the results, my lashes are usually thicker and almost wimpy now long-Kardashian, and I do not need any eye makeup at all this morning, so it took me less time to prepare. There are certainly some things about the process (and maintenance) that I wished I had known before last night though. So if you plan to upgrade your own eyelashes, here are a few things to think about before you go:

1) Visit the rest room before your appointment. (And lay off right before the slats.) Seriously. It seems strange, but if you get a full set of lashes (like me), the appointment will take two to three hours. It is a time to keep, and it's not exactly easy to get up and hamper the ladies room when your eyes are covered with cushions and glue.

2) Make sure you have the right eye makeup remover on hand at home. Against all odds intuitive, cleaners containing oil (versus no oil) is what you want to use. Avoid anything with PEG (polyethylene glycol), Hexalene glycol, butylene or propylene glycol), which are often found in the oil without stripping, they can break the glue eyelashes.

3) Do not schedule your appointment the day before a beach holiday or a big date. You can not get the eyelash extensions wet for 24 hours. This means no swimming pool, showers, whirlpools, or steam.

4) Cancel the face. Unless you trust your beautician to stand out from your eyes, beware. Excessive tearing or pulling (not to mention all that rinsing) will shorten the life of your lashes. Better safe than sorry.

5) Fill up facial wipes. Turns out it's really hard to wash your face with a traditional cleansing without wet eyes. (Doubly difficult if you also happen to have a rash that you are trying to preserve, as I learned last night ...!) a reserve Cleansing Wipes will make your life much easier.

没有评论:

发表评论